Tuesday, August 2, 2011

STEELY DAN: JAZZ ROCK AMBASSADORS TO THE GALAXY this Thursday 8-4 @ the DPAC



 The one and only Steely Dan are performing this Thursday evening at the DPAC in Durham on their SHUFFLE DIPLOMACY 2011 TOUR. I've been an avid fan of the ever changing genius-centric outfit since high school, attracted primarily to the masterfully produced jazz rock elements of their seemingly perfect albums.  The older I got the more I realized that if I could live within  the lyrics of any band , it would be those of Steely Dan. An endless sex laden adventure through episodes of danger, secrecy, open joy, and more sex, all while wearing a perfectly fitting tux and a black limousine as my chariot?  Yes Please.

We haven't heard any new material from the wizards behind the curtain (Donald Fagen and Walter Becker) in quite some time, so guessing from shows past, we will get a few hours of anything and everything from the immaculate Steely Dan Cannon.  I hope to hear "Pearl of the Quarter" or basically anything else from their 1973 release, "Countdown to Ecstasy."  Touring and performing with the boys this time around: The Miles High Band featuring the Embassy Brats.