Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BOMBADIL CD RELEASE PARTY NOVEMBER 12 @ CAT'S CRADLE


Several years ago I was  accidentally introduced to the delightfully geeky music of Wilson, NC's Bombadil and been fascinated since.  My plan was to check out The Old Ceremony for the first time at The Martin Street Music Hall ( now Kings) for a review. Walking into the club, I was immediately hypnotized  by the opening band, dressed in an unusually spectacular manner.  If memory serves, they were sporting marching band attire.  They Might Be Giants came to  mind, but the sound and vision provided was something refreshingly new and exciting to me. Bombadil played the catchy and adorable "Jellybean Wine" and I was hooked. I've watched them from a distance for the last  5 years and they've blossomed creatively and matured as a unit with 10 years of performing and recording under their collective belt.
Be there for the release of their 4th record, All That the Rain Promises, Saturday November 12 at Cat's Cradle.