Thursday, March 22, 2012

RACING THE CURE: A BENEFIT FOR OLIVER GANT MARCH 23

Speaking as a survivor of the dreadful shit eating disease known as Cancer, I immediately applaud every single person involved in putting on this amazing night of live music around downtown Raleigh.

 The line up and cause is worthy of planning your entire weekend around it as if you were headed to ACL, SXSW or our very own HOPSCOTCH MUSIC FESTIVAL.

Kings, Tir Na Nog, The Pour House and The Lincoln Theater are opening their doors and their hearts to allow some of the areas truly great bands to perform for a cause of the highest importance: the life a 2 year old child stricken with Cancer and raising awareness and money towards finding a cure for this God awful rapist of a disease.


I must ad a personal note about the nightmare Jed Gant and his family are going through right now.  During my treatments for a brain tumor and bone cancer, the hardest and most memorable part was seeing children dealing with the same pain and sickness with which I was suffering.  Instead of Yo Gabba Gabba and learning to crawl, these children know needle pricks, medicine, pain and sickness.  As a parent I can't imagine what Jed Gant is going through.  From the bottom of my heart, I wish Oliver and his family all the prayers and love I can muster.

More info from THE INDEPENDENT